I’m a Little Teapot! Presenting Preschool Storytime was published in 1996, is still in print, and available to order from Black Sheep Press.
I’m a Little Teapot contains all the resources you need for a successful and creative storytime collected in one book: a selection of only the best books and rhymes to use, and the complete text for all the songs and fingerplays.
- 63 themes, including holidays,
- booklists of more than 1,000 picture books appropriate for preschool and primary children,
- the complete text and instructions for more than 500 fingerplays, rhymes and songs,
- additional resources recommended for storytellers,
- a bibliography,
- an index,
- 256 pages,
- charming illustrations.
- ISBN: 0-9698666-0-7
- 13 digit ISBN: 978-0-9698666-0-2
Each theme contains:
- a selection of stories to read aloud,
- a selection of stories for more intimate sharing,
- related nonfiction,
- related fingerplays, songs, and nursery rhymes to link read-aloud stories together,
- presentation ideas including: tellable tales, felt board stories, and stories adaptable to puppetry, cut and tell, and draw and tell,
- simple craft ideas and games young children like to play.